Do you live or study in Bristol? Are you creative? We want to hear from you!
PROPOSALS DEADLINE: 5PM 14TH APRIL 2019.
Bristol Shakespeare Festival are pleased to announce our first ever design commission: to design the front cover of our 2019 festival brochure.
We are looking for a proposal that is distinctive, which represents both the festival and our strong ties with the city. The brochure is the centre of our yearly marketing, distributed in venues, cafes and tourist attractions across the city.
- Each proposal must include:
- One PDF document of a maximum size of 5MB, containing a maximum of 2 concept ideas
- A signed copy of the commission terms and conditions
- A link to previous work (website or shared folder)
- Artists must be over 18 and based in Bristol
- Proposals must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been previously published, in print or online (including self-published, magazines, websites, blogs, social network sites etc), or won a prize in another design competition. Any designs that are deemed to have been plagiarised will be disqualified.
Note: Submitted ideas should be in sketch/development stage, with a clear overview of how the concept would be developed if selected. Please do not submit finished artwork.
Your proposal should also include a link to any previous work (portfolio website or shared folder).
We are looking for a proposal that is distinctive, which represents both the festival and our strong ties with the city.
HOW TO APPLY
Click below to submit your PDF via email. Please ensure you have read and signed the T&C document, and that your entry complies with all competition rules.
- £300 fee for a completed brochure design
- 2 tickets to a Bristol Shakespeare Festival show of your choice
- Your design to be used on the 2019 print brochure, and publicised across all social media
We can’t wait to see your work!
Got questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
View the brief as a PDF below:
Terms and Conditions
- Closing date for receipt of entries is April 14th 2019 at 5pm BST.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
- The initial concept submissions must be supplied in PDF format (max file size 5MB). Up to two designs to be submitted which can be in sketch form with examples of how the final design will appear. Please see design brief for full list of requirements.
- The 2019 Bristol Shakespeare Festival Prize is open to all Bristol based residents. Entries can be made online only. Online entries should be submitted via email@example.com.
- Applicants can submit only one entry comprising of two concept ideas.
- Entry to the competition is FREE.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been previously published, in print or online (including self-published, magazines, websites, blogs, social network sites etc), or won a prize in another design competition. Any designs that are deemed to have been plagiarised will be disqualified.
- Entries will be judged by the Festival committee members and Board of Directors. The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence will be entered into. Judges will not comment on individual entries or give feedback.
- The winning entrant will be required to submit final artwork (in PDF format and / or final artwork files) by April 28th 2019 at 5pm to qualify for the prize money.
- The winning entrant consents to having their work published in all elements of promotion for the Bristol Shakespeare Festival 2019. The winning applicant will relinquish all rights in perpetuity.
- The winning entrant will receive a prize of £300 and two complimentary tickets to a show of their choice.
- If no concept is deemed suitable for the competition, Bristol Shakespeare Festival reserve the right not to present the Award and to revert to the in-house design team for project completion.
- The winning design will be used in all elements of Bristol Shakespeare Festival 2019 promotion; from printed brochures to social media.
- Any entrant wishing to withdraw a design can do so before the closing date and time (BST) April 14th 2019
- Entry implies an acceptance of all the 2019 Bristol Shakespeare Festival competition rules. Entries that fail to comply with the entry rules and requirements may be disqualified.