Applications for the Bristol Shakespeare Festival are open from September to February, annually.
The Bristol Shakespeare Festival hosts touring companies from across the UK and abroad each year throughout the month of July. In 2015 our touring companies staged more than 40 performances across ten locations, with over 4,000 audience members throughout the month.
There are two structures which we use for touring companies:
If you would like to perform at the Bristol Shakespeare Festival and will be charging your audience for tickets, we ask for an up-front festival entry fee which covers the cost of marketing, festival volunteers, box office, public liability insurance (alongside your own) and any other additional assistance required. You are guaranteed a full page listing in our festival programme.
If you would like to perform at the Bristol Shakespeare Festival and wish to stage a free-to-attend performance, there is no festival entry fee.
We occasionally have opportunities for sponsorship – if you have a production but would struggle to pay an entry fee, please get in touch with us to discuss further options.
If you are not local to Bristol and would like to be paired with a venue, we would be delighted to assist. We have good relationships with a variety of local performance spaces and can help to find a space to suit your production. We expect that all companies hold separate agreements with their venue of choice, and that all site licenses (etc) are acquired by the company prior to the performance date.
All festival participants will receive the following:
- A listing in our festival programme, which is distributed from May throughout the city and surrounding areas
- Full marketing support on social media, in local press and in any interviews undertaken by the Bristol Shakespeare Festival
- A central box office accessed via the BSF website, managed by the Bristol Shakespeare Festival (all companies should provide an allocation of tickets to be sold by Bristol Shakespeare Festival)
- Full audience and ticket sales updates
- Festival volunteers at each performance to assist with ushering, box office collection, programme sales, etc.
- Full people-support prior to and during the festival.
For an application form or for any further information, please contact Festival Manager Jacqui Ham – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!