We've taken this year's festival online!
It’s been a hard year for the arts....but, thanks to a truly breathtaking response by so many of the amazing companies we’ve worked with, and by our loyal and wonderful audience, we have a chock-full schedule this July.
We’ve got all kinds lined up – here are just some of the treats we’ve got in store for you!
- Recorded performances from high-profile companies like the Lord Chamberlain’s Men
- Legendary performers such as the Scullions and Derekk Ross performing monologues and excerpts from your favourite plays
- An exciting, groundbreaking piece of interactive theatre, born of a collaboration between BSF superstars The Raymondos and Fresh Life… watch this space!
- Fascinating Bardic talks and discussions with Sun and Moon Theatre in their delightful Tea And Cakespeare event
- Chances for YOU to get involved! For our 30-Day Bardfest, we’ve asked the public to film themselves speaking their favourites line of Titania’s ‘These are the forgeries of jealousy’ speech from Act 2 Scene 1 of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, in preparation for a big community compilation of the speech at the end of the month. The deadline is the 12th July, but if you miss your chance don’t despair - we’re hoping to make this an annual tradition!
- We’d also love to see your home-filmed monologues or scenes, whether it’s a fully-rehearsed on-location scene, your audition monologue in front of a webcam, or your grandparents reading from the Complete Works by the fire!
Keep an eye on our social media channels and for updates right here as we make the Bristol Shakespeare Festival even more accessible for you.
Thank you so much for all your ongoing enthusiasm and engagement with BSF.
“Come now! What masques, what dances we shall have!”